- DJROCKANSASCITY - RT @MarijuanaCowboi: THE HOMIE @DJROCKANSASCITY SPINNING MY SINGLE NEWWWWW CLUB BANGER #TwerkYaBody ----> http://t.co/aQ4mfVNz1v IN KANSAS?
- dhodgs - @aileen206 @allrachel @tweetsmarts21 those places all have the same distributor out of Topeka kansas
- Jackii637 - Kansas wins.!
- thatdoubleupkid - RT @theScore: Andrew Wiggins will be attending Kansas. http://t.co/b3T0uEhYbg
- MarijuanaCowboi - THE HOMIE @DJROCKANSASCITY SPINNING MY SINGLE NEWWWWW CLUB BANGER #TwerkYaBody ----> http://t.co/aQ4mfVNz1v IN KANSAS CITY AT #Skyline
- shakes2011 - RT @DannyParkins: 'This Kansas City Royals baseball team is a better baseball team than the Angels.' - Rex Hudler. And Lefevbre immediately?
- navybrat6000 - Loving it here in Michigan but missing my Kansas friends thank god it's only for 3 months I miss you Kansas
- NickHustle - RT @MarijuanaCowboi: THE HOMIE @DJROCKANSASCITY SPINNING MY SINGLE NEWWWWW CLUB BANGER #TwerkYaBody ----> http://t.co/aQ4mfVNz1v IN KANSAS?
- stpaulbuzz - Minn. Attorney: Deal Reached in Catholic Lawsuit: A lawsuit filed against the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph... http://t.co/l4JjjvXZOA
- eddiemaruri - RT @BillSimmons: I can't wait for Wiggins. He is CAN'T-MISS by all accounts. First can't-miss college player since Durant. Love the Kansas ?
- DjWaldy785 - Posted a new song: 'They want me DEAD - Seuss Mace - 100% KANSAS MADE' http://t.co/2r5uReY0mf #music
- luzMH - @MsConJ3NNiality haha the only two people that won't be at Delaware that are going to Kansas are Miguel & Empire of the sun #dyingtosee
- ichriska - @richardcarimi bon, kilè na-p vini Kansas City la mem?
- Kansas_USC - ???????.... ????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
- ovni_ufo - #Mufon: #ovni #ufo UFO Sighting in Kansas on September 10th 1984 - saucer shape with roun... http://t.co/EXfwLmE6kH #paranormal#sighting
Kansas State Records
For thousands of years what is now Kansas was home to numerous and diverse Native American tribes. Tribes in the Eastern part of the state generally lived in villages along the river valleys. Tribes in the Western part of the state were semi-nomadic and hunted large herds of bison. Kansas was first settled by European Americans in the 1830s, but the pace of settlement accelerated in the 1850s, in the midst of political wars over the slavery issue. When officially opened to settlement by the U.S. government in 1854, abolitionist Free-Staters from New England and pro-slavery settlers from neighboring Missouri rushed to the territory to determine if Kansas would become a free state or a slave state. Thus, the area was a hotbed of violence and chaos in its early days as these forces collided, and was known as Bleeding Kansas. The abolitionists eventually prevailed and on January 29, 1861, Kansas entered the Union as a free state. After the Civil War, the population of Kansas grew rapidly, when waves of immigrants turned the prairie into farmland. Today, Kansas is one of the most productive agricultural states, producing high yields of wheat, sorghum and sunflowers. Kansas is the 15th most extensive and the 33rd most populous of the 50 United States.
For millennia, the land that is currently Kansas was inhabited by Native Americans. The first European to set foot in present-day Kansas was Francisco VÃ¡squez de Coronado, who explored the area in 1541.